I find bliss in the kitchen- particularly when working on something simple and a tad creative. No need to run- I think you can too. I am all about simple. 1. 2. 3.- ta da!
Friday nights are pizza nights around here. Here’s how I make homemade pizza (recipe makes 2 pizzas)…
1. Mix 2. Let Rise (and read a book) 3. Roll & Assemble
1. put the following ingredients in your mixer [I use kitchen aid with dough hook]- in this order [start this 2 hrs before you want to eat]
- 1 tbsp baking yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil – or just shake a little in there
- 3.5 cups flour
2. put dough hook on mixer and let it rip for 10 minutes- take the dough hook off and let the dough sit in the same bowl to rise for about 1 hour
3. after about 1 hour clear some counter space and sprinkle it with flour. preheat your oven to 425. remove dough from bowl. cut dough in half.
- get your rolling pin out [or maybe you have a wine bottle you can use]
- roll away from you- working the dough into a circle- keep adding more flour if its sticking
- get out your pizza pans and sprinkle them with some olive oil
- lay the dough on your pan
- get out your sauce, mozarella cheese, and whole hog sausage and any other toppings you enjoy
- spoon about 1 cup of tomato or pizza sauce over your dough
- sprinkle about 1.5 cups of mozarella cheese on top
- cut up chunks of sausage and lay on top- as much as desired
- repeat for second pizza
- put it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- yum. yum.
** if you want extra special pizza- try making your own mozarella. we do not have fresh milk now because the cows are dry (they haven’t had their calves yet)- I used grated mozarella from the grocery– works too!
There are many variations to making homemade pizza– let us know your tips in the comments!